Hot Mexican Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1 pack of frozen chopped spinach – defrosted and squeezed dry
- 1 can of drained artichoke hearts or bottoms – chopped
- garlic powder
- 1 – 8 oz box of cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup to 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup to 1 cup salsa – I use Pace brand salsa but fresh or homemade salsa are better
- 1 cup to 1 1/2 cups Pepper jack OR Monterrey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Sprinkle the mixture with 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder and continue to warm up. This cooks off any additional liquids which may have been in the spinach or artichokes.
When spinach is warmed, turn down heat to medium low and add the cream cheese and sour cream. Stirring constantly. When the cream cheese is melted then add the salsa. Add 1/2 cup of jack cheese and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese. Continue stirring and cooking until cheese melts and dip is completely combined.
Transfer dip mixture into a glass pie plate. Top with remaining jack and Parmesan cheeses to your liking. Bake uncovered in oven for about 30 minutes or until cheese topping is melted and light brown.
Serve with tortilla chips.
Hot Mexican Artichoke Dip Recipe TIPS:
- If you are in a hurry, you can eliminate baking the dip and instead transfer the hot dip to a serving dish straight from the sauce pan.
- This isn’t as pretty of presentation as baking the dip in a glass pie plate and topped with cheese but the dip will still taste wonderful.
- If you like your dip more spicy be sure to use pepper jack cheese and use a hot salsa.
- If you like your dip more mild use Monterrey jack cheese and a mild salsa
- This recipe is very versatile, if you are out of Parmesan cheese the recipe will still work, just use more jack cheese.