Fox News says it isn’t happy with two of its stars, Sean Hannity and Jeanine Pirro, openly campaigning in President Trump’s behalf, but it won’t say what, if anything, it’s doing about it.
The network issued a statement Tuesday saying it “does not condone” any of its hosts participating in campaign events, as Hannity and Pirro did Monday night during a Trump rally in Missouri. The statement added, “This was an unfortunate distraction and has been addressed.”
Addressed how? Fox didn’t say in its statement, and a representative offered no further comment.
On Monday, Hannity assured his nearly 4 million Twitter followers that he would not join Trump on stage for his rally in Cape Girardeau, Mo., and that he would not campaign with him. While the Trump team described him as a “special guest,” the top-rated host maintained that he was simply covering the president’s final rally for his show. “Something I have done in every election in the past,” he added.
About 12 hours later, though, he delivered a lengthy campaign advertisement for the president, and for the Republican Party, and then joined Trump onstage to recite his achievements and thank him. “Promises made, promises kept,” said Hannity, echoing the president’s campaign slogan.
Hannity also pointed to the press corral at the rally and added, “By the way, all those people in the back are fake news.” The press contingent included reporters and producers from Fox News, which was covering the rally.
Hannity tried to clean up both his broken promise not to campaign for Trump and his apparent insult of his own network’s journalists in a tweet Tuesday: “What I said in my tweet yesterday was 100% truthful,” he wrote. “When the POTUS invited me on stage to give a few remarks last night, I was surprised, yet honored by the president’s request. This was NOT planned. And to be clear, I was not referring to my journalist colleagues at FOX News in those remarks. They do amazing work day in and day out in a fair and balanced way and It is an honor to work with such great professionals.”
Pirro also appeared at the rally but had no comment about it afterward.
Hannity has been a close Trump ally and has assiduously cultivated the president’s approval — sometimes to the point of going beyond Fox’s rules banning such close association with a political figure.
In 2016, he appeared in a promotional video for Trump’s campaign, enumerating his reasons for supporting the Republican candidate, from his plan to “put originalists on the Supreme Court” to his promise to “vet refugees.”
Since then, Hannity has not just backed the president’s agenda. He has also parroted his rhetoric. For instance, he has denounced journalists for presenting an unvarnished view of the administration.
Monday’s rally was in Cape Girardeau, a small city on the banks of the Mississippi River that is the hometown of radio host Rush Limbaugh. The local fixture — and hero of the conservative base — appeared at the rally as well. Trump on Monday also called in to the radio show hosted by right-wing commentator Mark Levin, underscoring his ability to circumvent the traditional news media as he made his closing pitch to voters.
But it was a set of unscripted interactions between Trump and his allies at Fox that was most striking, turning his final midterms appearance into a display of the White House’s unique alliance with the conservative-leaning news channel. The cocoon of right-wing media rose around Trump as voters prepared to go to the polls to deliver a verdict on the first two years of his presidency.
Trump has been overtly hostile to the mainstream media but has a cozy relationship with Fox, prompting criticism that he sees the news channel as state TV.
Some at the network bristle at this suggestion. Martha MacCallum, who is set to co-anchor the network’s live election coverage Tuesday night alongside fellow anchor Bret Baier, told the Philadelphia Inquirer this week that it was a misconception to see Fox as “state-run television.” Baier told the New Yorker earlier in the year that it “pains” him to hear the network described this way.
Most vocal in dissenting from the pro-Trump line has been Shepard Smith, who last week took the administration to task for fearmongering in discussing the caravan of Central American migrants heading toward the southern border, telling his viewers: “There is no invasion. No one’s coming to get you. There’s nothing at all to worry about.”
But Monday’s rally was awash with evidence that the president sees some of Fox’s most visible personalities as surrogates in his political crusade. And, perhaps even more notably, the event illustrated their willingness to fulfill that function.
Despite his assurance that he wouldn’t join the president on the stump, Hannity spent the time before he went live posing for selfies with audience members and revving up the crowd. And after a fact-challenged opening monologue touting the president’s accomplishments — the tax measure approved last year was not the “single biggest middle-class tax cut in American history” — Hannity engaged Trump in a 10-minute back-and-forth about the success of his administration and the weakness of his Democratic critics.
Hannity told Trump how popular he was among his supporters.
“I went out there an hour before the show, and the crowd is electric,” he said. “Every hat I signed . . . every hat was soaking wet. There’s a bigger crowd outside than there is inside.”
His only complaint? That the president had missed his opening monologue.
Not so, Trump comforted him.
“No, I saw it on the plane,” he said. “Actually, I saw it on the plane. I never miss your opening monologue. I would never do that.”
At the end of the conversation, billed by Fox as a “powerful interview,” Laura Ingraham, another host and Trump proponent, was standing by for her 10 p.m. slot. “Want to say hi to the president?” Hannity asked her.
She did and was promptly informed by Trump that he was “very proud of her.” Feigning jealousy that Ingraham got “all the compliments,” Hannity turned to Trump and issued compliments of his own, telling the president, “I don’t think anyone has your energy level.”
After the dialogue, Bill Shine, the Fox executive turned White House communications director, gave Hannity a high-five, according to a White House pool report. In 2010, when Fox learned that the tea party was advertising Hannity’s appearance at a fundraising event, the network barred him from attending. The network executive who explained why he had been barred — saying political activists were “charging for access to Sean” — was none other than Shine.
Once on stage, Trump wasted no time trotting out his allies at Fox.
“I have a few people that are right out here. And they’re very special. They’ve done an incredible job for us. They’ve been with us from the beginning,” he said.
“I’m going to start by saying Sean Hannity, come on up — Sean Hannity,” Trump said. Supporters clapped and waved.
They embraced, and Trump gestured for Hannity to take the podium — not a typical position for a television host who interviews the president. The Fox host raised his eyebrows and pointed to the lectern featuring the presidential seal. Trump urged him forward, adjusting the microphone. “I had no idea you were going to invite me up here,” Hannity said, before attacking the media and praising the president for following through on his campaign commitments. “Mr. President, thank you,” he concluded.
Next came Pirro, host of Fox’s “Justice With Judge Jeanine” and the author of “Liars, Leakers and Liberals: The Case Against the Anti-Trump Conspiracy.” Trump singled her out, he said, because she “treats us very, very well.” He told the audience: “She’s my friend, and she’s your friend — Justice Jeanine.”
Although she has a law degree and has served on the Westchester County Court in New York, Pirro has no experience that would warrant the title “justice,” applied to members of an appeals or supreme court. She took the podium and exhorted audience members to usher their family members and friends to the polls to vote for Republican candidates.
The Need For Professional Funeral Services
Man is not immortal, and one has to leave the earth some day or the other. However, after the death, the families of the deceased often get confused about what to do for the last rites as they are in the state of shock. However, many funeral services agencies have come up to do all the needful abiding the existing state laws, and it is becoming a flourishing business day by day due to the increase in demand. One should know some facts about the services provided so that a correct decision can be taken at tough time. Let’s start.
The Things To Know & Look
Taking the professional funeral services are best as things can be done in an arranged manner and the phase can be smooth without any glitches. One can find many service providers going online, but few things are to be judiciously decided before taking them.
- The Costs – Although it is a time of grief, still one cannot ignore the cost involved in choosing the professional funeral survives agencies. They include the funeral director fees, the transportation charges, and the coffin or the casket charges. One should always take quotes from various agencies so as get the best offer at the time of need. Not all are economically that sound and can’t ignore the cost involved. The type of coffin and the transportation charge are also to be reckoned while thinking of the total cost.
- Getting The Death Certificate – Those who die at home under any circumstances need a proper death certificate as per rule, and the funeral services arrange for the same at a cost. One should also take this into account before deciding on taking the service from an agency.
- The Permits – Before the burial or cremation, many permits are needed from the competent authorities. It is difficult to arrange them at the time of sadness and grief running from one agency to another and the funeral service provider should be capable enough to acquire all the permits for the last rites.
- The Actual Burial Or Cremation – The funeral services agencies should also be capable of organizing the total process and not only limit their services to the initial procedures. They should be able to take the overall responsibility including the burial or cremation.
- Suggesting The Cremation Or Burial Plot – Not all have a family burial or cremation plot, and it is the priority of the funeral services agency to indicate for the nearby cremation or the burial place where much expenses will not be incurred. They should be knowledgeable enough about the cremation grounds of the locality and should negotiate with the plot owners for the charges on behalf of the family of the deceased.
- Making Proper Arrangements – A funeral needs multiple small and big things. The funeral services agency should be able to address all the issues at hand consulting the family and organize a respectful last journey of the deceased. They include arrangements for the clergy or the celebrant, the arrangements for the flowers, putting up notices in the newspaper. The charges should be reasonable for them. Doing all alone might make it tough for anyone to cope up with the stress and grief.
It is an emotional and heart rendering moment, and many feel confused at the death of their near and near and dear ones and d not know what to do at these times. The agencies providing the funeral services should be consulted to get things done in a smart yet economically viable way with due respect to the deceased.
How To Work With Your Caterer For An Indian Wedding
Indian wedding festivities generally last for 2 to 3 days.
Indian wedding festivities generally last for 2 to 3 days. These are marked with a spectacular display of traditional and religious rituals, music, dance and a wide range of food and drinks for each occasion. Earlier, the catering manager was by and large managed by the ladies of the household with the help of workers and family cooks or ‘ Maharaj ‘ who were accustomed to the family choice of traditional food and flavors.
Nowadays the food is outsourced to professional caterers who take the responsibility of serving each and every meal and come up with a vast variety of choice and exuberant, luxurious and beautiful display of food layout. To get the best out of these caterers here are a few tips, ideas and a note on a few mistakes that one could avoid.
The most important aspect is choosing the caterer with care. The wedding venues in south delhi and other areas have a list of caterers who have worked with them. While making your final selection have an update on their feedback, experience, an area of location and definitely the charges. Sit with the caterer and decide on the menu for each occasion keeping the guests in mind. Once the caterer and menu are downsized you need to have a walkthrough, a meeting between you and your wedding planner, the venue manager, and the caterer.
This meeting should familiarize the caterer with the kitchen area, place for storage, display, disposal, loading and unloading area and all facilities offered by the venue for the caterers benefit should be outlined and noted. There should be no ambiguity in specifying the expectations of each service provider. The policies of the venue provider regarding use of premises and equipment by the caterer should be clearly understood by all.
You may like to have a variety of choices on the menu for different days. Ensure that the caterer is comfortable with the preparation of all the items. Listen to his advice on the choice of menu and keep the weather conditions and your guests as a priority while making your selection. Once the menu is selected, discuss how each item is going to be served. Food warmers, serving dishes, serving spoons or any other paraphernalia should be checked for its availability.
Even if a buffet meal is being served, have sufficient seating arrangements made and insist on the caterer displaying the menu on the serving table with veg or non-veg clearly specified if you have both choices on the list. Some venues may not allow cooking on the site, particularly in foreign locations. In such cases, proper transportation of food and its storage till it is served is the responsibility of the caterer and he should discuss the details of it with you.
Timings of each meal to be served should be mentioned clearly and insist on keeping a buffer time for any unforeseen situations. Chalk out the number of waiters you would require on the ground and if snacks are being shown around specify the requirement of displaying the name of the dish with veg /non-veg specified.
For all the dates of your events check if there are any road shows, rallies, political bands, religious programmes, dharnas etc which may cause unplanned delays in serving the food. The caterer and other service providers should be forewarned to work their way around it if required.
Food shortage due to an unexpected turnout of guests may also lead to embarrassment. This is most likely to occur in local marriages where invites go as “families” and there is less emphasis on RSVP. Experienced caterers can work their way through these situations but it’s best to keep them forewarned.
If your wedding falls on a day when a large number of guests are likely to be fasting like during Navratri then ask the caterer to arrange a special layout as ‘Navratri/Upwas special’.
Insist on all service providers carrying a checklist which they need to refer to at all times, particularly if your events are at a remote location like some marriage venues in Chattarpur. This would ensure that there are no last-minute emergencies due to memory lapses.
For foreign locations be very particular about checking the policies of the venue on outside catering. You may want to check the license of the caterer for serving the food beforehand.
No matter how meticulously you plan there are likely to be some flaps and emergencies to be handled at the last minute. It’s up to your manager to ensure that these are efficiently handled and all family and guests leave with an awesome experience.
Understanding the Pros and Cons of Gambling
Gambling has been one of the very popular pastimes around over the years. But the pros and cons of gambling are all points that need to be explored. This can be fun for a variety of purposes however it could also be extremely dangerous if you’re not cautious.
Obviously, all individuals have their own attitudes over how useful or dangerous this kind of activity can be. It is essential to look at a few of the pros and cons that come with gambling to know what the experience is like and if it’s worthwhile in any case 우리카지노.
It is difficult when considering the pros and cons of gambling to see when there is definite answer with regards to whether it is appropriate or if it’s too dangerous. One point for certain is it is essential to appear carefully at how well this kind of activity will take place since it might be risky depending about what one gets into.
What Pros Come About?
It is clear to society over how people out you will find into games of chance. But why is them so interested in it? Here really are a several key pros that can come with this kind of activity:
- People often participate simply because they know they may potentially win money. That is something which can be said for all casino games but it’s still something worth considering as there’s always a good opportunity for anyone to win something huge.
- Gambling can be very fun and enjoyable. It can be exciting and thrilling, especially since this is an activity where not anyone can obtain access to a few of these things every day. The thrill and challenge of a game and the appeal of it all is definitely something to notice.
- It is very easy to get started in playing a game. The principles for number activities you’d find at a casino aren’t too complicated or tough to work out. people can always learn more about the ins and outs of varied games should they prefer but it’s only a choice to consider with regards to what people could do with a specific game.
- Additionally, there are various types of activities for folks to obtain into. Some might stay with the more traditional slot machines but even those are incredibly varied for what those machines offer. Table choices will also be noteworthy for having numerous special rules and other features. Additionally, there are virtual options which provide some interesting points which make such games all the more entertaining.
- There is always something for anyone to anticipate when it comes to gaming. There is practically and endless level of options to anticipate, thus rendering it a great hobby which many can enjoy participating in on occasion.
What In regards to the Problems?
Although gambling indeed has a unique positives, there are many of negatives which need to be explored just like well. Such negatives are indeed significant and can be quite troubling to numerous people. This especially originates from how dangerous it could be when someone isn’t overly careful 코인카지노.
Here really are a several cons to look at:
- There is a good potential for anyone to reduce money at such games. Although there’s to be able to win, the odds are usually not in the player’s favor. The thing about something like this originates from how people have significantly more ways in order for them to lose in a number of these games than what it’s to win. That is especially the case with video slots and video poker (guide on this link) where in actuality the programming is organized randomly enough to where it’s impossible to try and adjust what happens in one’s favor.
- While there’s always the chance for anyone to win, it’s practically impossible proper to actually win constantly or on a typical basis. Virtual games only shell out a specific quantity of times. Also, table-based choices are made with so many luck-based factors in mind to how it could be rather hard to actually figure out a way to keep on winning at such games.
- Not absolutely all people approve of gambling. That is especially in many parts of the entire world where it’s illegal or where individuals have passed various laws to try and keep its influence from spreading way too quickly.
- Sometimes the potential for personal issues come along. Such worries might keep folks from being able to enjoy games. These problems often occur over how people could begin to feel uncomfortable with other individuals who like to play quite often. They could have negative impressions of a few of these people.
There’s also the threat of gambling as an addictive activity. Once many people start playing, they begin to become so enthusiastic about it to the typical point where they can’t think about living with