Floors are one of the most important parts of any infrastructure. The conventional floorings, however, do not match the highly appealing aesthetics of the house. Apart from expensive tiles and marbles, there are many viable options that would provide you with the same appealing look for a much cheaper price. Polished concrete is one of the most pocket-friendly options when it comes to floorings needs.
What is actually polished concrete?
The polished floorings are a type of concrete floor that goes under a series of mechanically ground polishing steps. It endures various chemical processes which creates a dust-free and shiny hardened surface. This type of flooring is one of the most talked about these days because of the sustainability of the process. It is one of the most sustainable ways to achieve an amazing floor without disturbing the ecology in any manner.
Properties and benefits of polished concrete floors:
As already mentioned, that concrete floorings with a polished finish can provide the user with a plethora of benefits. Let’s take a look at some of these benefits which would help individuals to take a decision regarding the same:
- One of the most common among the many benefits is that this type of floorings is durable. They are highly sturdy and have a long lifespan through which they maintain their color and texture. This longevity in their life also adds to the cost-benefit of the product.
- Low on maintenance- The durability of the product is generally characterized by high maintenance activities, but that is not the case here. These floorings are low on maintenance which makes them one of the most viable options for workspaces, where continuous maintenance is not possible.
- The polished concrete flooring provides resistance towards any kind of activities of mold growth.
- When compared to wood or timber floorings, concrete floorings are hard and also are at less risk of decay and spoilage.
- The flooring is very shiny but not slippery like tiles. This makes it suitable to walk on with ease. The friction coefficient is higher in these cases.
- These are customizable to a great extent. The structure, textures, designs are all customizable as any other floorings. So, you do not have to compromise with the aesthetics just to achieve high strength and durability.
- Polished concrete is not only restricted to the new best kinds of floors, neither need you to destroy your old floorings to have this sophistication at home or at the workplace. These can be well applied to the old concrete floor as well.
- These versatile options are good for all floors irrespective of it being an outdoor or indoor premise or even an industry shopfloor.
The polished concrete floors are floors for generations. The shiny appearance needs a little maintenance. Let’s look at what should be done to take of these floorings—
- The first thing is to clean the floor and get rid of all kinds of dust particles.
- While undergoing a weekly wet clean of the floor, to ensure that you use a clean cloth and clean water to maintain the shine.
- If the place is a factory of any kind of commercial building which attracts more dust please ensure that a neutral floor cleaner is used instead of just plain water.
- In case of any kind of stain, one should take an immediate step to clean it off before it dries up.
Polished concrete floorings are one of the best options available in the current market scenario. These cost-effective solutions bring to you the best of all requirements. They are high on all aspects and thus are the becoming increasingly popular these days. These are floorings which can last up to generations, with little attention on the cleanliness.
Bamboo is Different From. Egyptian Cotton Sheets.
Bamboo Vs. Egyptian Cotton
Bamboo viscose, as well as Egyptian Cotton as well as silk are among the most luxurious materials you could make use of to make bedding. They are known for their silky and soft threads that, according to some, will give you the best and most peaceful sleep. Getting a good night’s rest with a quality bed is an investment that is worth it. The question is, what is the best choice?
Egyptian Cotton Vs. Cotton
Egyptian cotton sheets are commonly described as the most luxurious sheets. But how does it differ from Cotton?
- Egyptian Cotton is picked by hand instead of an automated machine. This lowers the risk of splicing fibers as it is more delicate and also ensures the integrity of the threads, which results in increased longevity.
- Egyptian Cotton is smaller in diameter, meaning more threads are in a square. This results in a higher number of lines.
- Egyptian Cotton has a higher permeability level, meaning colors are more vibrant for longer.
- Accredited Egyptian Cotton is produced in Egypt and along the Nile River Valley; however, it is also found in other regions that are South America. The primary difference is that the Cotton from Egypt has longer fibers.
Why choose bamboo over Egyptian Cotton?
- Softness- The fabric is soft Egyptian bamboo, and Cotton is extremely quiet. The major distinction is that Egyptian Cotton requires more threads, whereas bamboo viscose is extremely soft, even with a lower thread count. If you don’t buy higher line counts Egyptian Cotton, the regular Cotton will be rougher initially and requires washing and drying to soften it.
- Durability- Bamboo fabric is known for its toughness. The material is less likely to discolor over time with usage, particularly when treating the bedding. In addition, Egyptian Cotton is also simple to maintain, similar to regular Cotton. However, it tends to wear down more quickly than bedding made of bamboo viscose.
- Temperature-Regulation – Bamboo fabric is more temperature regulating and prevents overheating while you sleep by wicking away moisture and preventing body heat from getting trapped in fabric fibers. Cotton is known to hold more heat and absorbs moisture.
- Environmental Impact of Bamboo – Bamboo grows extremely fast and very quickly, which means it is easy to replace when it’s used to make fabric. Bamboo is also naturally resistant to bacteria and pests. Contrarily it is also easy to cultivate, is a pesticide-dependent crop, and is often described as the dirtiest crop in the world.