Floors are one of the most important parts of any infrastructure. The conventional floorings, however, do not match with the highly appealing aesthetics of the house. Apart from expensive tiles and marbles, there are many viable options which would provide you with the same appealing look for a much cheaper price. The Polished concrete is one of the most pocket-friendly options when it comes to floorings needs.
What is actually polished concrete?
The polished floorings are a type of concrete floors which goes under a series of mechanically ground polishing steps. It endures various chemical processes which creates a dust free and shiny hardened surface. This type of flooring is one of the most talked about these days because of the sustainability of the process. It one of the most sustainable ways to achieve an amazing floor without disturbing the ecology in any manner.
Properties and benefits of polished concrete floors:
As already mentioned, that concrete floorings with polished finish can provide the user with a plethora of benefits. Let’s take a look at some of these benefits which would help individuals to take a decision regarding the same:
- One of the most common among the many benefits is that this type of floorings is durable. They are highly sturdy and a have a long lifespan through which they maintain their colour and texture. This longevity in their life also adds to the cost-benefit of the product.
- Low on maintenance- The durability of the product is generally characterized by the high maintenance activities, but that is not the case here. These floorings are low on maintenance which makes them one of the most viable options for workspaces, where continuous maintenance is not possible.
- The polished concrete flooring provides resistance towards any kind of activities of mould growth.
- When compared to wood or timber floorings, concrete floorings are hard and also are at less risk of decay and spoilage.
- The flooring is very shiny but not slippery like tiles. This makes it suitable to walk on with ease. The friction coefficient is higher in these cases.
- These are customizable to a great extent. The structure, textures, designs are all customizable as any other floorings. So, you do not have to compromise with the aesthetics just to achieve high strength and durability.
- Polished concrete is not only restricted to new floors, neither need you to destroy your old floorings to have this sophistication at home or at the workplace. These can be well applied to the old concrete floor as well.
- These versatile options are good for all floors irrespective of it being an outdoor or indoor premise or even an industry shopfloor.
The polished concrete floors are floors for generations. The shiny appearance needs a little maintenance. Let’s look at what should be done to take of these floorings—
- The first thing is to clean the floor and get rid of all kinds of dust particles.
- While undergoing a weekly wet clean of the floor, to ensure that you use a clean cloth and clean water to maintain the shine.
- If the place is a factory of any kind of commercial building which attracts more dust please ensure that a neutral floor cleaner is used instead of just plain water.
- In case of any kind of stain, one should take an immediate step to clean it off before it dries up.
Polished concrete floorings are one of the best options available in the current market scenario. These cost-effective solutions bring to you the best of all requirements. They are high on all aspects and thus are the becoming increasingly popular these days. These are floorings which can last up to generations, with little attention on the cleanliness.
5 Ideas to Use Lighting to Improve Home Décor
Creating a comfortable room is important because the atmosphere of the room affects the comfort level. Everything present in the room has an impact on the aesthetics and practicality of the room so every décor decision matters. Lighting is an integral part of the home décor and it can help in creating a comfortable and beautiful place. Using the lights in the right way can have a huge impact on the room so do not be afraid to get creative.
Here are a few ideas for using the lighting to add to the décor of the house.
Using Pendants of Different Lengths:
The pendant lights are a trendy option so they are a stylish and modern addition to the room. These lights are available in different lengths and styles. It is not difficult to find a style that fits perfectly into the home décor style and become its part. The pendants are a great tool for brightening a dark and dingy room. By using pendants of different lengths is effective in creating a layered lighting effect. Layered lighting is a great approach to brightening up a dark room.
Add Mirrors to The Home Décor:
Mirrors are an affordable and valuable accessory because they uplift the look of the room immediately. If you have a room that looks smart and dark then adding a mirror is the most effective way of improving it. The mirrors reflect light and let it bounce around the room. Install a pendant or LED flat panel ceiling lights above the mirrors and you will have a well-lit room. Mirrors are an investment that is worth it and they are available in versatile shapes and designs so you can find one that fits the home décor.
Buy Some Lamps:
When it comes to installing lighting in a room most people just think about the ceiling lights. If you want to use the lighting to improve the home décor then it is essential to get creative. Along with ceiling lights, you should consider adding lamps to the room. The table lamps are available in different styles so they will improve the aesthetics and add an extra layer of lighting to the room. Put the lamps in locations that are beautiful like a side table or a mantelpiece and you will be able to highlight the best features of the room.
Use Lighting to Highlight Standout Features:
Every home has standout features but if you do not plan the home décor the features will get lost under the misplaced décor items. You can use the lighting to make the gorgeous features stand out. If the stand out feature is a painting then there should be a light above it so it stands out.
Add Varying Light Levels:
If the room has a constant light source then it will make the room monotonous and flat. It can also tire out the eyes so to improve the home décor add varying levels of light throughout the room. Installing different strength bulbs throughout the room so that you have layered lighting and you can set the intensity according to your mood.
Know All About the World of Carrara Marble
As a stone, marble has the ability to accentuate the beauty of any place where it is installed including as marble kitchen worktops. It is thus no wonder that it has always been the favourite of artists and designers alike. Throughout history, it has been used in cathedrals, palaces, and for carving sculptures.
Marble is a part of the limestone family and has a low index of refraction. This allows light to penetrate giving it the signature dazzling look. In its purest form, marble is white but the addition of impurities provides the veining pattern in it.
Also read: Complete Guide to Choose Marble Worktop
One of the most common types of light coloured marble used as ceramic kitchen worktops is Carrara marble. It is economical and is available in a wide variety of colours including shades of white and grey. The distinctive colour along with the veining makes identification of Carrara marble very easy. It was first used in Roman Civilization including the Ducal Palace and Basilica of Massa.
Uses of Carrara Marble
Carrara marble is used in a number of places including as marble kitchen worktops, art industry and in construction. It has a number of decorative and structural applications because of which it is used in commercial and residential spaces. It has been used in a number of religious places and by the royalty including forts and castles.
Here are some of the other places where Carrara marble can be used –
Tiles: Carrara marbles have long been used as tiles in bedrooms, bathrooms, corridors, kitchens, and shower areas. These tiles can be used for decorating fireplace surroundings, kitchen backsplashes and also for covering walls of the bathroom.
Marble Pavers: Apart from use as ceramic kitchen worktops, Carrara marble pavers are used for exterior decoration such as in courtyards, decks, driveways, fountains, pools, patios, garden pathways, and stepping stones. They are also used as retaining walls and fire pits.
Marble Slabs: Use of marble slabs has two applications – as ceramic countertops in kitchens and bathrooms and as stair treads. They can be installed for covering the kitchen island or as regular countertops.
Carrara Marble Designs
Carrara marble is known for its gorgeous appearance and it can be used for a number of design ideas, a few of which have been mentioned below –
Bedrooms: Carrara marble is considered ideal for bedroom decoration because of its classy appearance. It can be used for covering floor and accenting the walls and areas surrounding the fireplace. Individuals can also go for polished finishes to make it look even more glamorous.
Living Rooms: Usage of Carrara marble in living rooms betters the aesthetic value of any living room and lounge areas. Depending on the taste and preferences of the user, it can be used in a number of ways.
Kitchen: The kitchen is the most frequented part of the house and thus requires special attention to both the style and design. One of the designs that is most desired happens to be a wooden floored kitchen which has Carrara marble that is used as a backsplash and kitchen island. The Carrara tiles in the backsplash can be used in a herringbone pattern for the centerpiece while the rest of the rest is covered in a simple grey pattern.
The Harmful Health Effects Of Sleeping On A Bad Mattress
If you sleep on a bad mattress night after night you are bound to experience harmful side effects that will not only affect your sleep but also your overall health. Mattresses are not designed to last forever, but in fact higher end mattresses will cause less harm that the cheaper mattresses. However, if you are sleeping on an old and worn out mattress you will surely have a lot of health issues whether it is of high quality or cheap. It is for this reason that you are advised to go through the Real Mattress Reviews reviews Saatva before you buy a mattress.
The health issues
Here are a few of a large number of dangers of sleeping on a bad mattress.
- It can aggravate allergies: Mattresses are known to collect dust, sebum, dead skin cells, and dust mites over time. These all are usually microscopic and therefore you will not see them with your naked eyes. All these feast on your skin cellsand eventually lead to different skin and health problems such as eczema, allergies, sore throat, and even cause damage to your lungs To avoid these issues simply washing your bed sheets and the mattress covers is not enough. You will need to replace your mattress after five years or so.
- It can make your back hurt: As old mattresses will often sag to form a dip and even form a curve due to the curvature of your body over time, this can affect your skeletal system in a very bad way. This is especially true if you have the habit of sleeping in one particular position in the same part of the mattress every night after night. This will eventually make your back hurt.
- It can lead to insomnia: If you do not get a restful sleep overnight due to your uncomfortable mattress you can actually suffer from insomnia eventually. Insomnia in turn can lead to a large variety of health problems over time. If the other environmental and psychological factors are taken care of, it leaves to replacing your old mattress to get rid of these probabilities.
- It can weaken your immune system: No matter how surprising it may seem to you, a bad mattress can also affect your immune system and make it weak due to low or no sleep at night. This is because your body will work overtime while you are sleeping and due to the weakened immune system that cannot be replenished due to inadequate sleep, you can actually get more vulnerable to colds and other diseases.
Finally, a bad mattress can also hinder memory retention. When you get deep sleep of Rapid Eye Movementor REM, memories will actually formin your brain. If you cannot reach to this deeper sleep state, then your brain will be unable to form these memories just as the way it should. This inability of your brain will cause long term memory damage over time.
All these for simply sleeping on a bad mattress! It is not worth. Therefore, change it.