As a matter of fact, there are many baby wearing wraps that are available in the market. However, you need to choose the best baby wrap in order to have one of the most comfortable baby carrier wraps for your babies. The comfort and the reliability of the product must be kept in mind while you are choosing something for your baby.
Let’s understand better about the baby slings and wraps!
Baby ring slings
- These are basically the baby carriers that use up the dynamic tension along with the length of cloth and metal or sometimes nylon rings. One end of the sling is sewn together to the other two rings.
- These are the cloth wraps that can be wrapped easily around the person who is wearing it in a way that is opposite to the hip and then back up to the shoulder. The end of the same is threaded to another side via the rings that are bent together to create a buckle effect to the sling.
- The baby can easily lie or sit in the resulting pocket. Once this sling is threaded well, it can be taken off and put on the back without any rethreading. The baby ring slings can be non padded or padded at the shoulder. There are padded as well as non-padded edges and rails that can be opened and closed easily with your hands.
- There are many hybrid slings that have curved seats that are sewn into the body and are similar to the seam in the pouch. Ring slings are the ones that are mostly related to the use of Mexican rebozo and these are the rings that take place of the knot.
- You would be delighted to know that there are many variations that are found in these rings and how they are attached to the cloth. This is commonly referred to the shoulder style ring and if you must know that the basic common shoulder type rings are the ones that are attached to the cloth or pleated along or center-folded or are in the form of the pouches. In any way, that would be awesome for the babies and the parents.
Baby carrier wraps
- These are also popularly known as wraparound and wraparound slings. These are long lengthy fabrics that measure around 2-6 metres that is wrapped around the baby as well as the wearer. This is then tied properly. The length of the fabric determines the carrying positions of the baby.
- The toddlers and babies can be carried along with the wearer’s front, back and hip as well. The shorter wraps make it interesting for the parents to carry the babies in one-shoulder wrap. Always tuck it around the shoulder for maximum support.
- There are basically two main types of baby sling carrier wraps i.e. the woven and stretchy. The stretchy wraps are the ones that are made of knits like interlocks or jerseys.
- It is always easy for the babies to go in and out of the stretchy wrap. This is quite easier for the wearer as the sling often remains tied to the baby whenever it is lifted out and put back in the carrier.
- There are several factors that influences the stretchiness such as carriers with the lycra content or the spandex that tends to be very stretchy. There are carriers that are 100% cotton with any other natural fibers that will tend to have less stretch. Then there are woven pieces that vary with the thickness.
- The naturally woven fibers are chosen along with hemp, wool, linen, silk and other materials for the safety and comfort of the baby.
Now, it is all up to you, whether you want to choose the best baby wrap or a baby sling carrier! Choose wisely!
Mental Health Podcast You Should Join in 2020
Podcasts are the most interesting and effective way of learning about anything. And listening to a podcast on mental health is the easiest way of calming your mind and destressing yourself. Here in this roundup, we have listed the best meditation podcast you can listen to in 2020. These podcasts are based on the uniqueness and download count by the rest of the world.
Impact on Mental Wellbeing is one of the most trending podcasts that is changing lives across the world. Today in these tough times, when the whole world is struggling with the pandemic attack of COVID-19, people are suffering from mental trauma and instability. There are threats of transitive infection, economic fall, broken relations, and recession. There are several podcasts on mental wellbeing on calmsage.com that will soothe your mind and elevate your mental stability.
Frequency – Once a Week – Podcast – calmsage.com
Cleaning Up the Mental Mess with Dr. Caroline Leaf – This is a wonderful podcast by Dr. Caroline Leaf for those who wish to live a peaceful life and clean up their mental stress due to any sort of reasons. The podcast contains practical tips and supporting tools to enhance your listening and following practices. Dr. Caroline covers almost all topics to gain control of your physical, mental, and emotional health.
Frequency – One episode per day, Podcast – podcast.drleaf.com
Feeling Good Podcast – is a nice therapy for those who really need a break in life. There are around 200 episodes by David Burns (MD) on self-help, mental wellness, crush negative thoughts, love stories, or realities of life. David Burns is also the profound author of “Feeling Good, The New Mood Therapy” which is well known for new techniques of overcoming depression and anxiety.
Frequency – Two episodes per week, Podcast – Feeling Good Therapy
Happier Podcast – is again one of the most trending podcasts by Gretchen Rubin’s. her podcasts are majorly based on her observation of happiness on human behavior towards life. She has millions of downloads and her co-host (Sister) also discusses tips and tricks for a happy life when surrounded by challenges.
Frequency – Two episodes per week, Podcast – Happier Podcast
Terrible, Thanks for Asking – is one of the greatest ideas of listening to people with trauma, emotions, loss, mental health, finding hope, community, a shoulder to cry with, and happiness after grieving. The podcast is hosted by Nora McInerny who also shared her personal stories of loss and other’s experiences with the solution of how they overcame the situation. You can speak your heart out and rejoice the amplified life once you are light-hearted.
Frequency – One episode per week, Podcast – apmpodcasts.org/ttfa
Grief Out Loud – this is again one of the stress releasing platforms where people speak their heart out. The podcast is hosted by Jana DeCristofaro, and team who works for a social cause. The podcasts are released from ‘The Dougy Center’ for grieving children & families and they majorly work on grief and loss relief.
Frequency – One episode per week, Podcast – Grief Out Loud
Chronic Illness Warrior Playlist – is a collection of different podcasts by different speakers on anxiety, depression, self-help, and motivation. The podcasts are categorized as per the topics and are bifurcated properly with the relevance of the topics. These topics will take you to the original link where the podcasts are actually hosted.
Frequency – One episode per week, Podcast – Chronic Illness Warrior Playlist
Therapy for Black Girls – this is a mixed beat conversation on mental health, personal development, get rid of mental trauma, and enhance the best possible version of you. The podcast is hosted by the host, Dr. Joy Harden Bradford where she also reveals her practical tips and tactics to enhance your mental health.
Frequency – One episode per week, Podcast – Therapy for Black Girls
The Hardcore Self-Help Podcast – Dr. Robert Duff, the host of this podcast knows exactly how to answer questions and motivate the demotivated people in the right direction. Dr. Duff is expert in speaking about relationships, depression, anxiety, perfectionism, sex, Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), sleeping disorder, eating disorder, and many other topics that you wish to learn about. His fab is to decode medical jargon in an understandable format so that you can relate yourself and get the point in the discussion. You can subscribe to the channel and start getting the mailers of every new podcast.
Frequency – One episode per week, Podcast – Duff the Psycho
My honest opinion on the podcast on mental health is to imply the thoughts from day one instead of just listen to it and forget. These are the best meditation podcasts that will surely embrace your physical and mental wellbeing and guide you through the harmony of life. You should subscribe to a large number of podcasts on meditation, podcasts on mental health, and self-care so that you can listen to them on the go and fill happiness in your life.