Located in the heart of the nation’s second fastest-growing metropolitan area, Queens University of Charlotte leverages the city’s diverse and thriving environment as an extended classroom. Nationally recognized for undergraduate programs in international and interdisciplinary education, Queens blends the best of liberal arts learning with professional preparation and community engagement. Focused on supporting success for diverse learners, faculty build close and collaborative relationships with students and help them build intentional and individualized roadmaps for flourishing at Queens and beyond. At the graduate program level, the University offers innovative educational experiences that help learners advance professionally and retool for new opportunities. Our environs afford faculty myriad opportunities to advance their own professional growth and teaching and research interests by collaborating with vibrant industry, non-profit, and community organization sectors.
Because of our history of innovation and our legacy of strong leadership, Queens is positioned to be among the new forerunners of American higher education. This is a defining moment for Queens. While other institutions are focused on sustaining and surviving, we are thinking much bigger.
Institutions that understand what is needed and are willing to reimagine what is possible can position themselves to thrive and strengthen their market position after the pandemic with innovative approaches that are deeply connected to the world and its greatest challenges.
By 2030, Queens aspires to become the leading, private, national university of Charlotte with deep, meaningful, and reciprocal connections to the needs of our local community and economy; inventive and multidisciplinary academic programs that are connected to the world’s most pressing challenges and biggest areas of opportunity; a fully connected, integrated, and innovative set of experiences that support holistic wellness and wellbeing; a culture of continuous improvement and investment that enables faculty and staff to flourish and achieve their full potential; and a comprehensive approach to diversity, equity, and inclusion that begins on campus and radiates throughout the community.
The User Support Analyst provides Tier 1, 2 & 3 technical support to faculty, staff, and students, and maintains the software, hardware, and classroom technology to achieve desired outcomes and achieve high customer satisfaction. This temporary (through September 2022) full-time, 40-hour/week position reports to the Director of User Support Services. This position is not exempt from provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and is eligible to earn overtime pay for hours worked above 40 in a single workweek.
• Provide Tier 1, 2 & 3 technical support, coordinating with other analysts to review, prioritize, diagnose, and resolve at least 90% of all requests within 3 business days. At least 60% of requests should be resolved by the User Support Services team, of which the Analyst is a part
• Assist with deploying, maintaining and troubleshooting technology-related hardware and infrastructure. This includes computers, PC tablets, iPads, monitors, printers, projectors, smart boards, et al
• Collaborate with all campus audiences to understand project requirements and recommend sustainable solutions that meet defined business and academic needs
• Set measurements and track responses for quality assurance standards with devices and user experiences
• Develop, deliver, and maintain technical support and training information to reach technical and non-technical users
• Other duties and special projects may be assigned to meet department and university needs
Experience, knowledge and skills:
• 3+ years progressive experience in a user support role demonstrating strong skills in Microsoft Windows and Apple operating systems, MS Office suites, troubleshooting hardware, software, and network connectivity issues
• Strong problem solving, critical thinking, analytical skills required
• Extremely comfortable with technology and ability to learn new software quickly
• Proven ability to quickly learn and apply new technology, software, processes, and procedures
• Proven ability to work patiently with users of all skill levels
• Strong customer service, oral and written communication necessary to achieve objectives of the position
• Ability to demonstrate initiative by taking action without being told
• Demonstrated organization and follow-up and follow-through skills to ensure completion of goals and objectives in the specified timeframe
• Strong reasoning skills and the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions to resolve problems
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize multiple competing tasks and demands
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a high-functioning team
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
Additional experience, knowledge and skills a plus:
• Service desk ticketing system (e.g., ZenDesk) experience
• OS image creation and deployment
• Office 365 and SharePoint administration
• Visual Abilities: Read reports, create presentations, and use a computer system
• Hearing: Hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, vendors, and students
• Dexterity, Grasping, Feeling: Write, type, and use the telephone, copier, and computer systems
• Mobility: Open files and operate office machines; move between departments and attend meetings across campus
• Talking: Frequently convey detailed or important instructions and ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly
• Lifting, Pulling, Pushing: Exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 5 pounds of force constantly to move objects
• Cognitive/Emotional: Ability to critically think and concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in conditions – 75-100% of the time
• Work in office environments across campus involving contact with faculty, staff, students, service providers and vendors
• Work has deadlines, multiple interruptions, high volume and may be stressful at times
This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of these positions, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended to describe the general nature of this position.
Qualified candidates should submit the documentation listed below via email to firstname.lastname@example.org in (.doc) or (.pdf) format. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Include the following:
1. A cover letter addressing the position qualifications, experience, and interest
2. Current résumé
3. Salary requirements
4. Contact information for three professional references.
Be sure to include “USA-ITS” and YOUR NAME in your email Subject Line.
(Example: USA-ITS Nolan Wesley)
Submissions received by January 31, 2022 will receive first consideration. Queens will continue to accept submissions until the position is filled.
Queens University of Charlotte is an equal opportunity employer and is firmly committed to supporting and celebrating all forms of diversity. Queens does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, national origin, disability, political beliefs, veteran status, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law in the administration of its educational and admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic programs, employment and hiring policies, or other University-administered programs.
Any individual with a disability who needs any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act to apply for a position or otherwise to participate in Queens’ job search/selection process should contact the Director of Human Resources at 704.337.2222.
Carrots Have These 8 Amazing, Surprising Health Benefits
Initially, the vegetable originated in the geological area and the Asian United States, and it was initially only available in purple and yellow hues. Carrots are an excellent source of beta carotene, a natural mineral introduced by the body to provide sustenance, and they are high in fibre.
Carrots, which are crunchy, orange, and delicious, provide a variety of benefits to our health, pores, skin, and hair. These don’t appear to be particularly tasty, but they are loaded with numerous important nutrients, for example, beta-carotene, cell reinforcements, potassium, fibre, sustenance K, and so on.
Carrots are cultivated to promote eye health, lower dangerous LDL cholesterol, and aid in weight loss. Let’s put it to the test and find out why carrots are so good for you!
The following are twelve effective edges you might get from carrots:
1. Supports gadget
Most importantly, carrots contain a few phytochemicals that are well-known for their cancer-causing properties. Carotenoids and carotenoids are present in more than one of these associations. Overall, compounds create resistance and activate specific proteins that prevent the growth of most tumor cells. An investigation reveals on a screen that carrot juice can also fight leukemia.
2. Advances Glowing Skin
Investigate tips that stop outcome, and vegetables well off in those composites will finish pores and pores and skin ground and work with people’s appearances, thus making them more noteworthy young.
3. Fortifies Bones
Carrots are high in vitamins, minerals, and cancer-fighting agents. Vitamins B6 and K, potassium, phosphorous, and other minerals contribute to bone health, a more durable, and help with mental performance. Aside from selling the body to free extreme annihilation, cancer prevention agents keep an eye on the casing in the course of dangerous microbes, infections, and diseases. Physical cell digestion is managed by the ophthalmic component. Carotenoids have been linked to improved bone health.
4. Advances Male physiological circumstance (ED)
These fruitfulness meals may increase the number of sperm cells and their motility. According to research, this is a direct result of the fake carotenoids found in carrots, which are responsible for the vegetable’s orange color. However, it is still unknown whether carrots can improve sperm enjoyment and motility. Carrots are being tried to improve food for male physiological conditions and erectile dysfunction. Cenforce FM and Cenforce D can be used to treat impotency.
5. Keeps From Cancer and Stroke
Carrots have an unusual endowment in that they are loaded down with anti-cancer resources that will depress the cells’ blast. Essentially, studies have discovered that carrots can reduce the risk of a variety of diseases, including colon, breast, and prostate cancer.
6. Further develops the natural framework Health
Carrots contain a significant amount of dietary fibre, which plays an important role in supporting healthy stomach function. Fibre expands your stool, allowing it to pass more easily through the stomach-related plot and preventing stoppage.
7. Assists with managing polygenic affliction and basic sign
Carrots are high in fibre, which promotes cardiovascular health by lowering LDL cholesterol levels in veins and blood vessels. Calcium is absorbed through the frame of carrots, resulting in low but dangerous cholesterol levels.
Carrots have an unbalanced fibre content. An investigation found that advanced fibre consumption improves aldohexose digestion in people with the polygenic disorder. Following a healthy, well-balanced diet and maintaining a healthy weight can reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
Inconsistencies in glucose digestion may require a high level to combat aerophilic strain, and this is frequently where the inhibitor nutrients dilettanti ophthalmic thing axerophthol fats-solvent sustenance may also benefit.
According to one review, juice provided a 5 wrinkle inside the beat fundamental sign. The supplements in carrot juice, with fibre, K, nitrates, and vitamin C, have all been obtained to help this final product.
8. Advances Healthy Heart
To begin with, each cancer prevention agent is beneficial to your coronary heart. Furthermore, at 0.33, they should contain fibre, which can help you stay in shape and lower your chances of having a heart attack.
9. Forestalls devolution
Edges that are hostile to ophthalmic detail ensure the floor of the eye and provide a sharp inventiveness and perception. Taking juice will help to delay many eye diseases, such as macular degeneration, cataracts, and visual impairment. Overall, carrots contain lutein, which is an inhibitor that protects the eye from obliterating light.
10. Works on urinary organ and Liver perform
Carrots contain glutathione. Cell reinforcement has been shown to be effective in treating liver disease caused by aerophilic strains. The greens are high in plant flavonoids and beta-carotene, both of which stimulate and develop your popular liver component. Carrots contain carotenoid, which can help fight liver problems.
11. Palatable Anti-Aging
Along with carrots on your regular food, you will appreciate limiting the way you get more seasoned. Furthermore, beta-carotene functions as an inhibitor that advances cell harm, which happens as a result of the casing’s normal digestion.
12. Advances Weight Loss
Uncooked Carrots are 88% water when raw or ebb and flow. A regular carrot has the lowest difficulty level of 25 energy. Taking everything into consideration, including carrots in your diet is a wise way to fuel yourself while collecting calories.