Becoming a parent is a joyous feeling, but it has its own share of financial obligations and responsibilities. Right from when you start expecting a baby, to when you visit gynaecologists, or undergo medical tests, incur the costs of medicines and delivery expenses, the financial burden keeps constantly increasing.
You can tackle these rising childcare expenses, while enjoying these beautiful new moments of your life by opting for a maternity insurance. There are many health insurance plans in India, providing maternity insurance benefits as an add-on cover. You can also buy a separate maternity insurance policy to secure yourself against the financial obligations of having a child.
Read more to know about the top 5 important factors of maternity insurance.
1. Maternity insurance is available as an add-on or inbuilt benefit
Maternity cover is available as an add-on rider or in-built benefit under a health insurance plan. You need to check with your insurer while buying a health insurance policy whether it provides maternity benefits as an in-built feature or you can buy it as an add-on rider with a nominal addition to the premium amount. Also, many insurance companies have introduced separate maternity insurance plans with greater flexibility and enhanced benefits.
2. Maternity insurance cover comes with a waiting period
All maternity covers come with stringent waiting period ranging from 36 to 72 months of continuous renewals. So, it’s important that you buy maternity insurance beforehand when you’re planning to have a baby to make optimum use of policy. However, there are some innovative health insurance maternity coverage plans that come with extremely low waiting period of 9 to 12 months.
3. Coverage depends on the type of maternity insurance
A maternity insurance policy generally covers you against the hospitalisation charges and the fees paid towards the gynaecologist, anaesthetist, paediatrician, and other medical officers. Additionally, some plans also cover pre- and post-hospitalisation expenses along with the costs of medicines and child-care charges like vaccination of the baby. Make sure you pick the right plan so that the expenses to pay from your pocket is minimal.
4. Maternity coverage plans come with a sub-limit clause
Both group and individual health insurance policies that offer maternity coverage limit their maternity payout. So, even if your health plan covers you for a few lakh rupees, the maternity payout from that coverage will be considerably less. The sub-limits generally lie between Rs.20,000 to Rs.50,000 depending on the type of delivery. Hence, you should keep an eye on the sub-limit clause while incorporating maternity insurance in your health cover plan.
5. Premiums for maternity coverage is generally higher but useful
The premiums charged by the insurer for a maternity cover are usually higher than regular health insurance plans. However, the high premiums for maternity insurance are justified since it covers an almost certain condition and you may be saved from paying a hefty amount out of your pocket whenever you plan to become a parent. There are also many insurance providers that offer health insurance with maternity cover online at nominal premium rates.
Tips for Dental Implant Failure Prevention
The advancement of dentistry has revolutionised the way dental treatments used to be conducted and the dental implants are one of the most avant-garde offerings of the same.
The dental implants are tools that are used for the restoration of the teeth. These tools match the look and feel of the original teeth almost exactly and they are said to be of the highest-quality, healthiest and the most realistic process of teeth replacement for the damaged and lost teeth.
In fact, the dental implants are so durable that if cared for properly they can last a lifetime. However, there are a number of factors that actually influence the success and the failure of the implants.
The dental implant fails quite rarely and most of these failures can be controlled if you be careful and take care of them in the proper way.
Before the ways of preventing the dental implant failure is discussed, you should consider knowing the probable causes and the symptoms associated with the implant failure. Just take a look.
Causes of Dental Implant Failure
The dental implants may fail for a variety of reasons and the most common, yet the most preventable ones include the infection failure and the bone loss.
The peri-implantitis happens to be a kind of an infection that forms inside the gums and around the implants. This infection happens because of the poor dental hygiene after a dental implant procedure. This can result in further implant failure and bone loss.
It can also be a scenario that the implant is failing to integrate with the existing jawbone. Patients who have low jaw-bone density often face this. This is also quite common in patients who experience a trauma post an implant procedure.
Symptoms that You Contact the Doctor
After undergoing a dental implant procedure, you must understand how the region surrounding the implant feels. The implant is a foreign object after all and initially you may feel odd about it as your bite adjusts and the area feels normal after a few days.
Nevertheless, anything that is even a bit more than that should be the situation when you see the dentist.
To help you identify the tell-tale signs of implant failure, here some of them are enlisted.
A great amount of pain (such pain is not associated with the healing of the implant)
Irritated, puffy and swollen eyes
Implant feeling wobbly
Early and Late Unsuccessful Teeth Implant Phases
The early stages of the implanted teeth that are unsuccessful occur within 3-4 months after the surgery. The dental hygienist must use proper protocols including the prevention of the overheated bone, adherence to sterility, stable insertion, right flap design and ensuring to place the implant where there is sufficient bone. Remember that not all the implants can integrate with the jaw successfully even if yours is an experienced dentist and all proper measurements are taken.
The short-term components that can lead to failure of the dental implants are –
Infections existing in the mouth
Deprived blood supply to the area of the implant
Not giving the implants ample time to integrate
Shifting or moving the implant at the time of healing
The later dental implant failure can start even after a decade after the surgery and the factors involved include the following-
Extreme stress on the implants
Lack of bone
Clenching and grinding of the teeth
Lack of the gum tissue
Radiation to the neck and the head areas
Poor oral hygiene
Excessive food impacted between the implants
Tips to Prevent Dental Implant Failure
In making your dental implant surgery, learning to adhere to the right oral hygiene routine can make a huge difference. So if you are thinking of going for a dental implant, here are some of the tips that you should keep in mind. Just take a look.
Ensure You are a Good Candidate for Dental Implants – Not everyone is suitable for the dental implants. For the dental implant surgery to be a success you must be a good candidate for the dental implants. The ideal candidate must have sufficient bone tissue, healthy gums and be in generally good health. For supporting the implant post, the adequate bone tissues and gums are mandatory. Moreover, dental implants may not be ideal for the too young as well. They may not have developed their facial and jaw bones completely.
Stay Away from Smoking – You should be quitting to smoke immediately if you are thinking about dental implants. In fact, before going for the implants you should try to stay away from smoking because of the cigarette’s harmful chemicals. Smoking not only has ill-effects on the overall health but it can also delay the recovery after implant placement.
Try to Avoid Peri-Implantitis– Peri-Implantitis is one of the most common causes why implants fail. It occurs when the bone tissues and gums surrounding the implant get inflamed leading to failure of implants and bone loss. Dentist’s errors are cited as on the most common reasons of this happening which include failure to remove plaque and bacteria form the implant site, using excessive cement for the placement and malformations of gum tissues. That is why you should check the patient reviews before opting for a dental surgeon for your implant placement.
Prevent Teeth Grinding – The teeth clenching can seem of no harm, but it causes major damages to the new implants. The excessive activity of the masticatory muscles, when the teeth are being clenched, stands in the way of the implant and the jawbone bonding which is essential for the stability of the implant.
Stick to Regular Oral Care Hygiene – This goes without saying that to maintain your implants you must stick to regular oral care hygiene. Brushing the teeth twice and flossing must be adhered to religiously every day apart from visits to the dental care chamber at least twice a year.
A Comprehensive Guide On Dental Clinic Set Up
The dental profession is booming and becoming a very popular career choice amongst many enthusiastic individuals all over the world. Once you have completed your dental studies, you can think about setting up your own dental clinic. However, there are a few important aspects you need to know about dental clinic set up. Setting up a dental clinic is not just as easy as finding a place and setting up the tools and equipment’s. There are a lot of other things which need to be taken into consideration as well.
Dental Clinic Set Up
Here Is A Complete Guide On Dental Clinic Set Up
- Master Certain Dental Skills – The reputation of a dental clinic is determined by the dentist. One should have a good degree before you start with a dental clinic. You will also need to gain experience and master certain dental skills, such as CD, tooth extractions, FPD, RTC, etc.
- Investing In The Right Places – It can be a very alluring thought to invest most of your funds into setting up a fancy dental clinic. You might be tempted into decorating your dental clinic with posh interiors which would be sure to attract potential customers. However, it is important to invest your money sensibly. Instead of investing in superfluous activities such as posh interiors and decoration for your clinic, you should invest in good manpower, the right kind of skilled, experienced staff, and great equipment’s. In the end, it is these things that will matter the most to patients.
- Location- The location of your dental clinic is an important factor while setting up the clinic. You must finalize the location which is prime or has a good footfall. Accessibility also an important factor while you decide to choose the location of your clinic.
- Continue Expanding Your Knowledge -When it comes to gaining more knowledge, you can never say ‘I have had enough’. If you are thinking about investing in a dental clinic set up, you must be prepared to keep on studying and gaining new knowledge and skills all your life. Make sure that you attend conferences regularly, learn about new technology and skills related to your profession, and are constantly updating your knowledge.
- Fixing Charges Various For Dental Procedures – When you are setting up a dental clinic, there are a few fundamental rules you will need to decide. You will need to fix the charges for the various dental procedures after calculating the total investment you have made in such a way that you will be able to break even in the shortest possible time, and you can also have a certain profit margin. You will also need to consider various other factors such as the salaries of the staff working for you, the cost of the setup and the various other charges of your clinic, and the locality where you have your dental clinic set up.
- Invest In Marketing – When you are setting up a new dental clinic in your chosen area, you must realize that a lot of potential customers cannot come your way simply because they are not aware that your set up exists. Invest time, energy and money into proper means of advertising and marketing. This means setting up advertisement banners, billboards, distribution of pamphlets, marketing your brand on social media, etc. Social media has become one of the most popular and economical methods you can use to spread the word of your dental clinic set up far and wide, so if you need to, take the help of a professional social media marketing manager and get the right kind of marketing done for your brand. Participating in online forums, social media activity is yet another way to introduce your clinic. You can also organize free dental check-up to popularize your dental clinic.
Dental Clinic Set Up
When investing in a dental clinic set up, these are a few things you need to take into consideration; you will also have to maintain a high level of professional standard by providing some of the best services and facilities which is expected by the dental patients. Keeping the above mentioned points as a key area of consideration will help you in setting up a good dental clinic.
Take Right Type Of Eye Test To Check Your Eye Power!
These days, eye exams or eye test is one of the important processes that should be conducted to assess the health of your eye. Both children and adults must undergo regular eye checkup to ensure the proper vision of the eye. The eye test helps you to find the issues in your eye and solve them at the earlier stages.
The Optometrists and Ophthalmologists make use of various tests and techniques to diagnose the problems. The eye test ranges from simple to complex depending on the severity of the problem. Go through this article to know the different types of eye test that are undergone by the doctors.
Types Of Eye Test Or Eye Exams
Mentioned below are major eye tests that are conducted by the doctors to diagnose and treat eye issues:
The cover test is one of the simplest and common tests that are done for all ages of well-being to analyze eye power. The main aim of the test is to check the working of the eyes. The test tells if the eyes are working together and are in coordination with each other or not. While undergoing the cover test you are supposed to focus on small objects that are kept in the room by covering an eye alternatively. This test is repeated for the nearby object. With the help of this test, the doctor can come to know which eye has less power or eye strain.
Visual Acuity Tests
Visual Acuity Test is the primary eye test that is conducted to measure the sharpness of your vision. This test is performed with the projected eye chart to check the long-distance vision and hand-held charts to test the short distance vision power of your eye.
Color Blindness Test
Color blindness test is one of the screening tests that are done to check the color vision of your eye. This eye test helps to detect the hereditary color vision deficiencies and health problems that may affect your color vision.
Dilated Pupillary Exam
During this eye test, the doctor makes use of the special drops called dilates to expand the pupil in your eye. So that he can check your retina to find out the disease.
The Retinoscopy test will be suggested by your doctor when you need the prescription for an eyeglass. During the retinoscopy eye test, the room lights will be dimmed and you have to keep your target on the large objects. Generally, the doctors will ask you to focus on the ‘E’ that is in the eye chart then he turns on the light at your eye and keeps the lenses in front of your eyes. This helps the doctor to decide the right type of lens that suits your eye power.
This type of eye test is done with the help of sound waves to have the complete picture of your eye. The doctor views the image to identify and treat the tumors, cataracts or bleeding of the eye. This is usually done before the cataract surgery.
Eye Movements Testing
Some people suffer from less mobility in eyes which means that they are unable to follow the objects quickly. In such a case, you can take the eye movement testing called an Ocular Motility test. The doctor holds your head and makes you view the target with the slow movement for smooth eye movement checkup. While taking the quick eye movement test you tend to move your eyes forth and back with two targets that are kept apart from each other.
Thus, these are the major types of eye test that are conducted by Optometrists. So, discuss the difficulties faced in your vision with the doctor to take the right type of test to solve them accordingly. Undergo Eye test Regularly and Maintain Eye Health To Have Better Vision!