Altogether, a Gaming mouse is not much different from the ordinary mice, people use. There are no different features associated with the gaming mouse such as extra buttons or more flashy LED lights. Though one can have a decent advantage of the gaming mouse over the regular mouse and i.e. it offers user customization to some extent and advanced laser or optical sensor which allows the user to make faster and more precise movements, making the user more comfortable to play games.
Gaming mice always come with added features such as an extra thumb button for the player, adjustments to mice’s sensitivity, high speed and extra-long cables. Another interesting factor about the gaming mice is that all these mice are wired and not non-wired.
5 Things to consider while purchasing Gaming Mouse
- Make a note on how large are the mouse’s movements
One needs to discover, how sensitive their mouse is. All the famous gaming mice such as Razer, Logitech, Roccat and Corsair come equipped with mouse tuning software to set the user’s DPI according to their comfort zone.
- Always keep in mind, what kinds of game you play
Choosing the gaming mouse after considering the types of game one plays always help them to make a better decision. For example, if you are a fan of playing FPS, then most of the gaming mice can be your go to option, but if you prefer MMO or RTS there are many other mice which, comes with extra buttons specially built for the MMO and RTS games.
- Give extreme importance of user reviews
Once, you have sorted yourself down to one type of gaming mouse, take out some of your precious time to scan the user reviews on gaming mouse from all the tech-related websites and sites, selling the same. Often, there are many chances of one discovering hidden pros and cons of the products which one cannot know until, they have used that product. Reading the user’s reviews, one can also have an added advantage of analysing and comparing the different choices of gaming mice.
- Purchase the mice that perfectly suit your needs
The market is flooding with countless different categories of gaming mice. Hence, when you find the mice that perfectly sink in with your needs, make proper research on the same. The mouse which comes with many buttons is more complicated and is made for the advanced and pro gamers. You may also have to consider buying a mouse pad too.
- One should know their grip style
The kind of grip one has while playing games at PC and doing other ordinary tasks on the computer make a huge difference. Every player has a different style of grip and these can be distinguished in three main categories-
- Palm Grip- this is the most standard type of grip used by the players. In this grip, player’s fingers rest flat on the buttons of the mouse and the whole palm rest on the body of the mouse.
- Tip Grip- in this grip, only the tips of the fingers touches the mice’s buttons and the palm does not completely rests over the mice’s body.
- Claw Grip- It is a mix of the above two grips, i.e. palm and the tip grip. Only half of the player’s palm rests on the body of the mouse with fingers in the shape of a claw on the mice’s buttons.
All the categories of mice support different grips of the payer. Large and wider mouse are a good option for the players with palm grip, shorter mice are relatively more suitable for the tip grip and lastly, the mice with sleek and slim design are perfect for the claw grip.
Recovering Video Files
With high-definition and 4k formats recently hitting the mainstream, video recorders – including smartphones – have to accommodate bigger files than ever before. Although next-gen formats like HD and 4k are more detailed and eye-catching than previous formats, they also require a lot more storage space. But what happens when something goes wrong? What if you need to recover a lost video file, either due to an accidental erasure or data corruption? Thankfully, there are many options when it comes to recovering video files.
The first step is to determine the type of media you are trying to recover from. A computer’s hard drive, for example, is much different than an SD card or USB thumb drive. In the case of an internal hard drive, you should always check your computer’s Recycling Bin before doing anything else. If the file has been accidentally deleted, there’s a good chance it will end up there.
If the lost file is not in your Recycling Bin, or if it was erased from a memory card or USB drive, you might have no other choice than to resort to third-party software. Thankfully, there are plenty of free services and solutions out there that specialize in data recovery from SD cards,microSDHC, and even USB drives.
However, there are a number of caveats to keep in mind when choosing a third-party data recovery solution, this includes:
- The format of your original file: Today’s digital videos are saved in many different formats. MP4 and AVI are amongst the most popular, but they’re not the only ones. Make sure your data recovery software supports the specific file type you are trying to recover – or else you might be wasting your time and money.
- Storage medium: Make sure your chosen software supports the specific storage medium you are trying to recover from. Some programs are meant specifically for hard drives while others focus solely on SD cards. Taking the time to ensure that your software is compatible with the storage medium will save you a lot of headaches and hassle in the end.
- Downloadable trial versions: Many of the paid data recovery solutions actually offer free downloads. In most cases, these are trial versions to come with stringent limitations. However, they let you get a feel for the software before committing to a purchase and many of them will let you know if your lost data is recoverable through their app.
- Your recovery destination: Finally, make sure your software supports data recovery to your chosen destination. Most software solutions are inherently designed to restore lost data back to its original location, but this isn’t always ideal. If you’d rather restore the contents of an SD card to your computer’s hard drive, for example, make sure to find a recovery solution that supports it.
While there are many different third-party services and software solutions available, some are far more reliable than others. Use the above caveats to ensure that you’re using the right tool for the job and to maximize your chances of a successful data recovery!