With high-definition and 4k formats recently hitting the mainstream, video recorders – including smartphones – have to accommodate bigger files than ever before. Although next-gen formats like HD and 4k are more detailed and eye-catching than previous formats, they also require a lot more storage space. But what happens when something goes wrong? What if you need to recover a lost video file, either due to an accidental erasure or data corruption? Thankfully, there are many options when it comes to recovering video files.
The first step is to determine the type of media you are trying to recover from. A computer’s hard drive, for example, is much different than an SD card or USB thumb drive. In the case of an internal hard drive, you should always check your computer’s Recycling Bin before doing anything else. If the file has been accidentally deleted, there’s a good chance it will end up there.
If the lost file is not in your Recycling Bin, or if it was erased from a memory card or USB drive, you might have no other choice than to resort to third-party software. Thankfully, there are plenty of free services and solutions out there that specialize in data recovery from SD cards,microSDHC, and even USB drives.
However, there are a number of caveats to keep in mind when choosing a third-party data recovery solution, this includes:
- The format of your original file: Today’s digital videos are saved in many different formats. MP4 and AVI are amongst the most popular, but they’re not the only ones. Make sure your data recovery software supports the specific file type you are trying to recover – or else you might be wasting your time and money.
- Storage medium: Make sure your chosen software supports the specific storage medium you are trying to recover from. Some programs are meant specifically for hard drives while others focus solely on SD cards. Taking the time to ensure that your software is compatible with the storage medium will save you a lot of headaches and hassle in the end.
- Downloadable trial versions: Many of the paid data recovery solutions actually offer free downloads. In most cases, these are trial versions to come with stringent limitations. However, they let you get a feel for the software before committing to a purchase and many of them will let you know if your lost data is recoverable through their app.
- Your recovery destination: Finally, make sure your software supports data recovery to your chosen destination. Most software solutions are inherently designed to restore lost data back to its original location, but this isn’t always ideal. If you’d rather restore the contents of an SD card to your computer’s hard drive, for example, make sure to find a recovery solution that supports it.
While there are many different third-party services and software solutions available, some are far more reliable than others. Use the above caveats to ensure that you’re using the right tool for the job and to maximize your chances of a successful data recovery!
Photos Recovery App for Windows – Review
I still remember my grandpa handed over only 2 photos to my dad as the camera were not in everybody’s approach! Then we got Digital Camera and camcorders invented and started capturing memories. Now, every smartphone has got the best of the camera and we can capture memories on the go. As every advantage comes with some disadvantages, the lure of clicking the best of selfies may make you run out of storage.
The smartest way that we figured out is to take a backup of our photos on a PC and make room for more upcoming memories. What if all of a sudden, our PC crashes and we lose all the saved photos and videos on our hard drive? It was a horrible experience a few years back but now there is a lot of intuitive photo recovery software for Windows that can bring back your deleted memories. We have researched, tested, reviewed, compared and listed a lot of data recovery software for PC and here is a detailed review of one of the best photo recovery software for PC.
Download Link: Get it Here
Supported File System: FAT, FAT 32, NTFS, etc.
Supported OS: Windows 10/8.1/8/7 (32-bit & 64-bit)
RAM: Min 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended)
Free Hard Drive Space: 200 MB or more
Processor: Pentium IV and above
Photos Recovery by Systweak is specially designed for Windows photos recovery. It is one of the best photos recovery software for Windows to recover deleted photos from internal/external hard drives, SSD, SD Cards, USB Drives, Digital Camera, 4K Hard Drives, and other storage devices that connects to your computer.
Right now, it’s only compatible with Windows 10/8.1/8/7 (both 32-bit and 64-bit) versions but it will be available for MacOS by the end of 2021. Photos Recovery supports FAT, FAT32, NTFS, ReFS, HFS, APFS, RAW formatted hard drives and file systems. You can perform a quick scan, deep scan, or custom scan as per your requirements. This photo recovery software for PC is lightweight software and doesn’t consume much of your system resources. The user interface is easy to navigate and offers a lot of filter options and features.
Photos Recovery Features
· Customizable search modes with advanced user interface
· Supports different image formats including RAW image format
· Compatible with a multiple file system like FAT, FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, etc.
· Recover photos from internal/external HDD, SSD, SD Card, USB Stick, and other drives
· Recovers permanently deleted photos from crashed, formatted, corrupt drives
· Compatible with Windows 10/8.1/8/7 (both 32-bit and 64-bit) versions
· Preview photos before recovering from different media files
· Advanced search algorithm for faster recovery
How Photos Recovery Works
Photos Recovery is an easy-to-use software with multiple advanced features that work well with a novice to a professional user. The simplicity yet effectiveness makes it the best photo recovery software for PC.
Step 1. Download and install Photos Recovery software from its official site.
Step 2. Open the console and navigate to the settings option to enable the searching RAW image files. By default, this option comes disabled.
Step 3. Drag and drop or select the target file location or the hard drive partition from where you want to recover deleted images.
Step 4. Select the scan type from Quick Scan, Deep Scan, or customize the filters and search for a specific image file format. Quick Scan searches on the current file system while the Deep Scan is for a thorough scanning process on the previous file allocation mainly to work on formatted, crashed or corrupt drives.
Step 5. Once you get the scan results, double-click on the recoverable images to get a preview. Switch the view options by List view or Tree view to gain clear visibility on this photo recovery software for PC.
Step 6. Once you are select recoverable media, click on the Recover button. The photo recovery software will ask you for the destination location to save recoverable media and will initiate the recovery process.
We have handpicked this amazing photo recovery for Windows after reviewing a dozen of photo recovery software for PCs. Photos Recovery has come up with an advanced search algorithm to perform Deep Scans and custom scans to dig out RAW image formats from digital cameras or camcorders. The versatility of searching multiple image file formats from different storage devices makes it the best photo recovery software for PC. Always keep a backup of your most important files and photos on the Cloud Drive, Google Photos or on different storage devices to ensure you have proper backups.